“NETWORKING is the single most powerful marketing tactic to accelerate and sustain success for any individual or organisation.” – Adam Small. Networking is about making connections and building enduring, mutually beneficial relationships. Your network will determine your net worth. Who you associate yourself with will go a long way to determine how far you will succeed in life.
Relationships are the catalyst for success. People do business with those they like and trust. Networking provides the most productive, most proficient and most enduring tactic to build relationships.
To succeed you must continually connect with new people, build business bridges, cultivate emerging relationships and leverage on your network. There are a lot of wonderful business ideas struggling today because of bad network or association.
Business networking is a socio-economic activity by which groups of like-minded business people recognise, create, or act upon business opportunities.
A business network is a type of social network whose reason for existing is business activity. There are several prominent business networking organisations that create models of networking activity that, when followed, allow the business person to build new business relationships and generate business opportunities at the same time.
Importance of Business Networking
1. Learn dynamics within your industry
2. Establish your business contacts
3. Get “plugged in” to your community
4. Seek new business opportunities
5. Facilitate win-win relationships
6. Create your referral networks
7. Accelerate your professional development
8. Develop knowledge resources
9. Networking resources to enhance your effectiveness and many more.